As you know one of my favorites snacks are energy bites. They take less than 20-minutes to make and they last all week. If I can make it and not think about it again I am all for it! These coconut fig energy bites are definitely in my top 3 favorites for sure.
What you’ll love about this recipe is the whole foods ingredients. No need to buy store bought ones when you have these bad boys. Some brands try to sneak in multiple types of sugar, grains, binders, preservatives, and other crap we don’t need.
Coconut has loads of benefits that are great for the body. For example coconut oil is often used to help heal the gut. Then we have coconut butter is just flat out delicious. Lastly, to make these coconut fig energy bites sweet is through the dried fruits. I like to go to Thrive Market or Trader Joe’s for them. Make sure to read the ingredient as some have added sugar!
Coconut Fig Energy Bites
You will be addicted to these energy bites!
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter (I used EatingEvolved)
- 10 Dried Figs
- 5 Medjool Dates
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Place the figs and dates into the food processor and blend until all crumbly.
- Add in the almonds and blend until combined into the dried fruit.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until a dough is formed.
- Place into the fridge to chill for 10-minutes.
- Use a tbsp to measure out each ball.
- Store in the fridge in the mason jar.
These will last for a couple weeks in the fridge! I love to pop a couple in a silicon bag and have them in my bag in case I get hungry.
Be sure to share this with your friends, family, or any looking for an easy snack idea! I’d love to see your creations of this recipe on Instagram too!